Monday, November 8, 2021

A fascinating perspective on My Name is Inanna, In times of Trauma and Disconnection

I'm thrilled to read a fascinating perspective on "My Name is Inanna" by Becky Jenkins, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in the relational treatment of trauma.

"I saw “My Name is Inanna” last weekend and was deeply moved by the storytelling of the playwright and talent of the cast. To take on the deep responsibility of telling the story of the Persian woman in diaspora, and to do it with such grace and authenticity is a tremendous feat that is playwright Ezzat Goushegir’s gift to humanity. In times of trauma and disconnection, especially for those who hold marginalized identity, this production was a reminder of human resilience and love in the face of cruelty, and validation of the painful emotions that contend with hope and connection. I was moved to both tears and robust laughter, along the entire spectrum of emotion, in just 90 minutes. Needless to say, I have been thinking about this play for the past week, and will be thinking about it for a very long time. Please go see “My Name is Inanna” which is being offered free of charge by The Red Tape Theatre who is taking steps to decolonize the arts with inclusion and accessibility."

Thank you, Becky! 


 

No comments: