Thursday, November 14, 2013

I’m Not an Exceptionalist!





With extraordinary actors: Donna Fulks (equity actor), Rula Gardenier and Ruth Guerra
These pictures are taken with my iPhone during the rehearsal. 

My new play, “I’m Not an Exceptionalist!” was performed on October 29, 2013 at the AmericanTheatre Company, 10 x 10 Festival.



And amazing director: Azar Kazemi

I’m Not an Exceptionalist! is about an encounter between three women of three different backgrounds in a bus stop. It’s an intersection of commonality and conflicts.


The play raises this question: Why do some marginalized Pink Collar women who would think they could never break out of the pink-collar ghetto, put their hostilities on other races and working class immigrants while they are trapped by the same corporate organizations that exploit and control them? How would they find their common ground?



Diane.  S wrote: “The play was so wonderful. The actors were fabulous and the direction was remarkable.  After several days I can’t stop thinking about it! It’s not only deeply touching and human but so very funny.”

No comments: