Thursday, October 24, 2013

I’m Not an Exceptionalist!



Art work by Kaveh Adel

My new play, “I’m Not an Exceptionalist!” will be performed at the AmericanTheatre Company, 10 x 10 Festival.

  
I’m Not an Exceptionalist! is about an encounter between three women of three different backgrounds in a bus stop. It’s an intersection of commonality and conflicts.

The play raises this question: Why do some marginalized Pink Collar women who would think they could never break out of the pink-collar ghetto, put their hostilities on other races and working class immigrants while they are trapped by the same corporate organizations that exploit and control them? How would they find their common ground?

Director: Azar Kazemi
Actors: Donna Fulks (equity actor), Rula Gardenier and Ruth Guerra
Sound designer: Steven Yaussi
Light designer:  John Kelly 

When: Tuesday, October 29, 2013, at 7:30 PM
Where: American Theater Company
1909 W. Byron St. Chicago, IL 60613

For more information contact Box Office: 773-409-4125


My most gratitude goes to Kaveh Adel and Azam Houle for reading my script and providing me invaluable suggestions.

No comments: