Sunday, November 25, 2012

On the Waterfront




“On the Waterfront” is an all-time film. Whenever I see it, I find something incredibly comparable to the world social situation. Truth is what we all yearn for. This time I could see the conscience and consistency of a woman against lies and deception which becomes a powerful engine for revolt in opposition to tyranny.  
A mob-connected union boss controls the workers by creating fear, murder and fierce violence. To silence the witnesses, he forces them to play deaf and dumb ("D & D"). It’s the woman’s principles which bring the tyranny to its end….
“In one of the most famous scenes in film history, Terry(Marlon Brando) reminds Charley that if it had not been for the fixing of the fight,"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley"

Marlon Brando believes that everyone is an actor... 
In this interview too...

No comments: