Sunday, September 11, 2011

Two Iranian Children


"Use your imagination! Imagine on these two empty chairs, on my right and left, are sitting two twin sisters, age 27!"

Yesterday, I had a strange experience! I had to read a scene from my play "Two Iranian Children" at Evanston Public Library as a part of a larger event. For the first time, I had to perform a scene with three completely different characters, a mother with her two daughters, short dialogues, short amount of time, all by myself...I was emotionally exhausted at the end! But....I always learn ....

.......
Mina: What?
Melody: I’m the product of heresy and apostasy!
Mother: Melody?(Laughs) What are you talking about?
Mina: Is it a funny joke?
Mother: What a sophisticated product of heresy you are!
Melody: I’m not joking!
Mother: You've always had a very special sense of humor!
Melody: I believe you and dad by turning your back on god by embracing Marxist ideology not only brought...................................................

No comments: