Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Precious Life

Precious Life
By: Azam Houle

This morning, as I was driving to work, the traffic came to a gentle stop for about 10 minutes in all four lane while an indecisive duck, waddling back and forth on the road, made a decision on which side of the road he wanted to be. I marveled at how patiently in the morning rush to work, people paused in their cars allowing the duck to make up his mind. I thought this was beautiful in respect for precious life.

But in my heart I wondered how we can all go on living in silent agreement with the continuous carnage inflicted in our name, on men, women, and children halfway across the world. Do those human beings not deserve the same reflection and respect from us to pause for their lives, as we do for wandering birds?

No comments: